If I had to pick, Instagram is my favorite social media – everything else can eff off!
You see, growing up I had all sorts of polaroid cameras – from the kiddy ones, to the original Polaroid camera that cost me a fortune, with me begging the guy who was selling Polaroid film to “give me a discount, I’m 14!”. Yup, I was that desperate. And that in love with polaroid photos. Either way, when I heard about Instagram, that was the reason why I wanted a iPhone (that and to not carry around my iPod as well). But yeah, I admit: I really wanted Instagram.
I know I’m not the only one completely obsessed – while I try to take images that are actual memories (sometimes it’s so easy to just take the most random things!); I am always looking for new ways to put my photos at – storing them in my cellphone and posting them on my blog is not enough!
Here are 7 cool things to do with your Instagram photos:
1. Instagram Photos as Fridge Magnets: Probably the most creative of them all (in my opinion), is turning your Instagram photos into cute fridge magnets – I mean, hello?! The company Stickygram will make your choice of Instagram photos into cute fridge magnets with thin white borders. Includes free worldwide shipping, and costs US$14.99 for a sheet of 9 magnets.
2. Instagram Photos as Canvas Art: If you’ve got that one special snapshot, why not take it a step further and make your own canvas art with it? The company Instacanv.as will make your favorite (or favorites) Instagram photos into huge works of art. It has great photos of ideas you could use too; from 3 canvases above your living room sofa, and so on. Starting from US$39.99, these photos are “museum quality”. My only gripe is that it’s for US residents only, so try to work a deal with a friend who leaves there!
3. Instagram Photos as an Instagram Poster: This is what I’m in the process of doing, and oh boy do I forsee my whole house being covered in little snapshots and memories. The company that does this is Printagram, and you can choose 2 poster sizes: the very large 20″ x 40″ or 20″ x 30″, which should fit most standard frames. You’re also getting quality: the images are printed on thick Fuji Crystal Archive paper and uses a full photo-chemical process (not inkjet), which makes it long lasting and “won’t fold or tear easily”.
4. Instagram Photos as Stickers: From the same company, Printagram, why not make your own Instagram stickers? You can then stick them on your school books, folders, instrument case, walls, luggage (which I will be doing!)… you name it, you can stick it on! These 20mm square stickers only costs US$10 so it’s super affordable, and for 10 bucks you’ll get a whopping 252 stickers (2 sticker books)… talk about an amazing deal.
5. Instagram Photos made into an iPhone Case: For the tech-savvy (or iPhone obsessed), why not turn your favorite photos into an iPhone case. Photos of your family, friends and pets that you’ll see all day, everyday! Castagram will make your choice of Instagram photos into cool collages that you can pick. I found a lot of companies doing this (I am sure your local phone shop will do this too!), but this one impressed me most in terms of how great it looked. The collages also looked a little more creative, than say, the usual photos side by side. The company also offers free worldwide shipping and cases start at US$34.95. If that’s not enough, there is also the option of giving it as a gift to loved ones.
6. Instagram Photos as a pillow: If you’d like your photos to be even closer to you – turn them into a pillow! This would be great in the living room; and a great conversation starter. Stitchagram, can make a 15″ x 15″ black denim pillow for you for US$68. Yup, it ain’t cheap and the most expensive of the bunch, but also one of the most unique things to do with your Instagram photos.
7. Instagram Photos as a Photo Book: This one I LOVE. What a great, new way of a photo album! Good one you, Artifact Uprising, how beautiful does this look?! Made on 100$ recycled paper, these softcover books layouts are designed “with your Instagram images in mind”. You can upload your favorite photos and pick your design in just minutes with custom layouts. These books are available in two sizes, 5.5″ x 5.5″ and 8.5″ x 8.5″, and prices start at US$10.99 for a 40 pag book.
Et, voila. Do you have anymore ideas on where to put your Instagram photos? Where do you put your Instagram photos? I’m definitely getting a poster done, and the fridge magnet is super cute, I’ll definitely do that eventually!
(Oh, and my Instagram account is @beautyfool).
You Might Also Like: