Hi Renee! I have very pale skin, and I’m looking for foundations that suit me. I find it really hard to find good foundations for my pale skin; they are normally too dark for me. Any suggestions? – Tina
I’ve actually got a lot of suggestions! I am a fellow pale skinned girl, although I am usually #2 in the foundation spectrum of colors, so shopping for foundation has always been fine for me. However, I have a ton of experience shopping for really light foundation colors as my BFF is super fair and I’ve gone shopping with her lots… and I mean lots. We tried everything, guys! On one particular shopping trip, we swatched colors on her arms, my arms, tissue paper, you name it.
So to Tina who wrote in, and to my other gorgeous pale skinned readers, I’ve searched around and found some that I think would be great; and as I found out, the keyword to look for in foundation colors is “Ivory”:
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation – 51 Vanille Clair
- L’Oreal Infallible Foundation – 015 Porcelain
- L’Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation – Light Ivory
- Maybelline EverFresh Makeup – Ivory
- Maybelline Pure Makeup – Porcelain Ivory
- Revlon Colorstay Makeup – 110 Ivory
- Max Factor Lasting Performance – Fair 100
- Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation – Ivory 105
- Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation – Warm Ivory #1
- Clinique Superbalanced Makeup – Ivory 1
- Burberry Sheer Foundation – Trench No. 01
- Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF 20 - 2 Ivory
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation – 01 and 02
- Laura Mercier Oil Free Supreme Foundation – Porcelain Ivory
- Lancome Renergie Lift Makeup – Lifting Porcelain
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 - NC15 and NW15
- Make Up Forever HD Foundation – 115 Ivory
- Tom Ford Traceless Foundation – Alabaster 01
But wait! There’s more!
Two great alternatives I found:
Prescriptives Custom Blend
Prescriptives have a color matching service that is amazing; I remember we used to get it here, but alas, the brand has left the country. :( However, just check out their website to see if they have the brand in your country. (I think they even sell online if I’m not mistaken).
At their counters, you can have a color matching service where they literally make the foundation for you, so you know it’s an exact match of your skintone. So cool, no?
Dainty Doll by Nicola Roberts
Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts, who is loved for her stunning porcelain skin, decided to launch a makeup line for fellow pale-skinned girls. Named Dainty Doll (don’t you love it?!), this award winning line of makeup features anything and everything you can think of - foundation, powders, concealers, even lipstick and eyeshadows colors that would suit your fair skin. The line of makeup is available in the UK, but you can buy it online here, here and here.
Phew! That’s a lotta foundation. Hope I’ve helped, and if you have any other questions, you know where to find me! For readers with fair skin, what foundations do you use? Do you have any more foundation recommendations for those with pale skin?
You Might Also Like: